venusrisinglimited.com venusrisinglimited.com
Venus Rising Limited Bedding Forum Tips and Consumer Information

HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEASURE MATTRESS DEPTH,DEEP POCKETS:KING,CAL,QUEEN SIZE BEDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    venusrisinglimited.com Forum Index -> HOW TO CHOOSE NEW EGYPTIAN COTTON SHEETS OR DUVET SETS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I've previously purchased an incorrect pocket size, before I knew about measuring my mattress prior to Fine Linens purchases
YES
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

venusrisinglimited
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: MEASURE MATTRESS DEPTH,DEEP POCKETS:KING,CAL,QUEEN SIZE BEDS Reply with quote

I Want my New Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set to Fit Right: How Deep is my Mattress and How Do I Measure Depth?

It's important to know your Mattress Depth in order to ensure proper fit of your new Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set. This process is as simple as grabbing the closest ruler, but will save you the stress of ordering an incorrect size. Don't simply assume that any set will fit your specific Mattress. Venus Rising Limited Specialty Sheets are designed to fit a range of Mattresses for ease. Each manufacturer offers a different range of pocket depths, so be sure to know your mattress depth and the maximum of the set you intend to purchase. Be aware that Mattress manufacturers create different mattress depths, most of which are standard Luxury depths but a few of which can be extremely deep. The Bedding accessories you personally use with your Mattress can also make a difference. Actual measurement is quick and simple, an essential step if you are anything but absolutely positive as to your Mattress Depth Size. Position yourself at the corner of your bed, placing the end of the ruler vertically at the corner, with ruler end beginning at the Box Spring or Platform where the Mattress begins. The corner is the easiest location for accurate measurement. Be absolutely sure to include any Mattress Topper or plush Mattress Pad you may be using or intend to use. Toppers or Mattress Pads can add up to 2" additional in vertical height or depth, and must be taken into account to ensure proper fit. You'll find that each of our Specialty Egyptian Cotton Sheet Sets lists a maximum Fitted Sheet depth that will be clearly listed in inches. Your mattress must be equal to, or less than the depth listed, to ensure proper fit regardless of the brand you are purchasing. Many manufacturers or outlets are currently making misleading statements such as '15" inch pocket for up to 18" inch mattresses'; consumers need to think logically when they see such statements: 15 inches is not going to stretch to 18 inches. When choosing a sheet set, select one with a Fitted Sheet that is at least one-half of an inch to a full inch LARGER MAXIMUM than your mattress. For instance, if your mattress size iis 16.5" inches total depth/height, choose a Fitted Sheet that is at least 17" or deeper maximum depth/height. While most of our Sets are designed to fit nearly all Mattresses, those Mattresses exceeding 17" to 18" inches in depth often require Specialty Ultra-Deep Pocket Sheets. Please be aware that Mattresses exceeding 18 inches do require Ultra-Deep Pocket Sheets, so be sure to purchase Sets indicating an 18-20" inch Pocket Depth or contact us, or the manufacturer from whom you intend to purchase, for rare Sets exceeding 20-22" inches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    venusrisinglimited.com Forum Index -> HOW TO CHOOSE NEW EGYPTIAN COTTON SHEETS OR DUVET SETS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: